- What is Ayurveda?
- Ayurveda is the oldest surviving preventive and curative medicinal system
of the world that originated in India almost 5000 years back. Literally the word
Ayurveda is derived from two Sanskrit root words: Ayur, meaning “life,” and Veda,
meaning “knowledge” or “science”. In Ayurveda health is never seen as something
solely physiological, but incorporates environmental, mental and spiritual life
to remove the root cause of disease and achieve balance in the individual.
- What is the Theory of Ayurvedic Treatments ?
- The theory of Ayurveda is – there are five elements that are root cause
of existence, a metaphysics common to all ancient cultures. The five elements appear
in different combinations in each of us and form our unique individuality. They
work in combination to form the tri-dosha system, including; Vata Dosha, representing
ether and air; Pita Dosha representing fire and water; and Kapha Dosha, representing
water and earth. Your Ayurvedic doctor acts as a guide to help you bring about more
of the elements you lack by restructuring your lifestyle.
- Why Choose Ayurveda and Ayurvedic products?
- Ayurveda aims at removing the root cause of the disease through natural
means without any side effects. Especially for treating chronic problems, it is
less expensive and more effective, providing lasting relief and permanent cure.
It can be used in conjunction with other therapies, and does not interfere with
modern medicines or treatments that patients might be taking.
- Are Kairali Ayurvedic medicines free of side effects? Are they safe
- YES. Ayurvedic herbal medicines are natural and nontoxic, they have
no side effects. Since they are prepared form herbs and minerals after proper processing
according to classical Ayurvedic methods of manufacturing. Kairali Ayurvedic medicines
and products are manufactured under strict supervision , in completely hygienic
conditions and in a state of art modern manufacturing unit using mostly organic
raw materials and some minerals. All the products are safe, effective and natural
without any side effects.
- The effect of Ayurvedic medicines are comparatively slow. Is it correct?
- Yes. Compared to other branches of Medical Science like Allopathy, the
effect of treatment is a little slow. However, Ayurveda cures a disease permanently,
without any side effects and even has treatments for ailments to which there are
no treatments available in other branches of Medical Science. (eg. arthritis)
- Can I keep taking my medication when using Ayurveda Products?
- Ayurveda can be used in conjunction with Western allopathic medicine.
Drugs can save lives, but because of their toxicity they can also weaken or damage
the body. Ayurveda can help protect and make the body stronger after or along with
drugs or surgery. It is very important to let your Ayurvedic practitioner know what
medications you are on, so he can recommend the appropriate regime for you.
- How will I know if the medicine prescribed to me is yielding positive
- We advise our patients to consult an ayurvedic practitioner before starting
their medication. We recommend a follow-up check-up after taking the medication
for four weeks to assess any changes/developments.
- Do I have to completely change my lifestyle and diet to follow Ayurveda?
- It really depends on what your health state, age, lifestyle, and goals
are. The dietary and lifestyle changes are recommended after a through consultation
with our ayurvedic practitioner. Since every individual have a different balance
of energy, the path to optimal health will vary from person to person. How close
you are to your constitutional balance will determine how many changes you need
to make to get the results you want from your health program. Ayurveda is practical
and can be flexible, but you are responsible for achieving the results you want
through common sense and discipline.